Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The blog title and picture

I've been trying to decide if I wanted to try to explain that or not. I guess I will.

The title and picture come from New Moon. My current favorite book. If you haven't read it, this will mean nothing to you. In the book, Bella decides to go cliff-diving alone in an effort to 'hear' Edward. She doesn't see the storm brewing off the coast. Even if she did, she wouldn't have understood the impact of that storm. When she hits the water, she is sucked under. She can't breathe. She can't fight the current. She doesn't even know which direction to TRY to go.

The cliff-diving was my mamogram. The storm was the look in the tech's eyes (she could see it - later I understood the look). Hitting the water was the call from the surgeon that did my biopsy - I couldn't breathe. I had no idea where to turn.

I'm OK now, but the first few days were so confusing. Everyone wants to give advice, especially people who have never been in this position. And it comes from all sides. Slamming. And people telling you it will be fine, before you know it will be. Before you have proof, or at least a doctor's guess. All I wanted to do was crawl in a hole. But I had to take care of Evan and take care of myself. And I have...with help. Lots of help.

No comments:

Post a Comment