Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Today's trials and tribulations

Went to the hospital today for preadmission testing. Uh, they don't have me scheduled for 4/3. The girl at the desk was WONDERFUL. She handled everything with both doctors. It just took a lot longer than I expected.

Before I headed over to the hospital, I stopped in Mtn. Brook Village. A bookstore is closing - you know, one of those cozy little book places where they always have the odd things you are looking for. Cozy, yet pretentious. Anyway, everything they had left was 60% off so I bought a couple of books. I can't believe I've never read Mists of Avalon. That will be rectified soon. I hate to see this place closing, but the manager was saying that even in good times it just broke even. So I can imagine he was going in the hole every month. Guess it's hard to compete with the discount stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment